Villa Livia, appunti per una casa museo
Villa Livia is a house museum which was built in Naples between 1926 and 1931. It has survived completely intact, both outside with its small garden and inside with its rich sequence of rooms. According to an eclectic taste each room was inspired by a diferent style from the past and hosted an exceptional selection of antique art and decorative arts. Architecture, decorative arts, furnishings and collections express as a harmonious whole the high standard of living of the owners, who belonged to an aristocratic family. In 1959, the Villa and its art collection were donated to the Museo Filangieri with the proviso that a museum would be opened in the family’s apartment.